Page 129 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129
Results 1,921 to 1,932 of 1932

Thread: DAB - Again - But This Time For The Car WITH USB !!

Quote Originally Posted by craigbrass View Post
    You can purchase a professionally manufactured one from me if you like
    Lets not be to hasty

if it turns out to be the board and i knew it would make a difference then i would

would like to explore a few more possibilities first.. Is the venice 7 reception better than the 5 ?
    Last edited by leeharper1; 03-08-2011 at 15:07.
    Athlon sempron 3000, 1gb ram, 120gb hard drive, m2atx 160w power supply, haicom hi-204usb gps mouse,Centrafuse.

Has any body managed to combine the dab and fm yet..... I know craig said he was working on something but i havent heard anything on that since last year..

I was going to try a triplexer but a passive one not amplified (as a previous post) as the antena is allready just wondering if any body has tried one ????
    Athlon sempron 3000, 1gb ram, 120gb hard drive, m2atx 160w power supply, haicom hi-204usb gps mouse,Centrafuse.

Hi

I used an active tripplexer on my old car PC (which packed up). I am currently building my new CarPC and have a passive dipplexer connected. This is working pretty well, and has the advantage that you don't need a 'dc injector' to push power up the antenna downlead to an active device.

Active pics here: http://www.veletron.com/php/gallery2...2_itemId=16827

The passive device came from here: http://www.vision-products.co.uk/pro...bcategoryid=12 and works fine on my test-bench. Not tried it in the car yet.

For connection of either, you can get F-Connectors for a reduced cable size, and then make a simple SMA<-->F-Type adapter.

Nigel

[QUOTE=veletron;281064]Hi

Active pics here: http://www.veletron.com/php/gallery2...2_itemId=16827

Thanks Nigel it was your post i was refering to lol

Ive got one of those and the f connectors in my shed so will give it a shot when ive finished work

Well tried it out in the car tonight a and it works a treat, Getting good signal strength on both so a happy man Thanks again

All i need to do now is fiqure out how to delete favourites from andys centarafuse plugin with all the messing about ive got loads all the same lol

Quote Originally Posted by leeharper1 View Post
    All i need to do now is fiqure out how to delete favourites from andys centarafuse plugin with all the messing about ive got loads all the same lol
    Sorry but you'll need to edit the favourites.xml in C:\ProgramData\Centrafuse\Centrafuse Auto\[your username]\Plugins\DAB

Andy
    Andy Whittaker
    Macclesfield, UK
    http://www.andywhittaker.com/

Quote Originally Posted by AndyWhittaker View Post
    Sorry but you'll need to edit the favourites.xml in C:\ProgramData\Centrafuse\Centrafuse Auto\[your username]\Plugins\DAB

Andy
    Ahhhhh i did have a look in the dab plugins folder for a favourites or config files but not there lol

Thanks andy

another thing whilst i remember when centrafuse comes out of hibernation or on startup the radio always comes on as in the line input unmutes is there anyway to solve this .......Im sure i saw a mute line on startup somewhere in the settings at some point but it might just be me losing it lol
    Last edited by leeharper1; 05-10-2011 at 14:35.

Centrafuse v4.0 is now out complete with a new SDK.

I'll rewrite my plugin for this version and do some bug fixes.

Andy
    Andy Whittaker
    Macclesfield, UK
    http://www.andywhittaker.com/

Hey guys, just thought I would stop by and see what progress has been made, if any...
    I see Andy is still busy with his plugin but no real hardware progress which is disappointing...

My eventual solution was to give up on the whole idea and opt for a Blaupunkt Woodstock DAB54! I know it will never compare to having built something myself, but at least I can listen and record my fav DAB shows now when I'm in the car

i need some help....

most of you know my involvement with DAB...

but tell me, where is the freq range being using in say UK or in Germany

BAND III or L Band or both?

DAB seems to me as bit of a failure, but DAB+ looks to be good...
    i see so many people saying FM sounds better than DAB, which by the number is for sure true
    specially in UK, with low bit rates, and mono (ugh)
    i dont know being here in USA... and i cant even go to canada for DAB, cause it failed there
    and was stopped...

thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by mitchjs View Post
    i see so many people saying FM sounds better than DAB, which by the number is for sure true
    thanks...

Probably the same people that said records were better than CDs.

And it probably has some truth analogue against digital, digital certainly sounds clearer but analogue just sounds warmer, less harsh.

And again with TV, digital TV sure is clearer, sharper and altogether a better picture, but sometimes that analogue signal just seems better for the mood that's trying to be portrayed.
    Confusion says: All my post are now on topic.
    Enforcer Forum____________________________________________BMW Carputers Forum

Advanced Member
    once a woman lived whos eyesight was so above average she could see stars and stuff in the sky others could only see with simple (back then) telescopes, i think in a measured sense her eyesight was said to be '75mm' as others see in an average '50mm'

keep that in mind when you realise you were so unlucky to be born so deaf you cant hear the difference...

and how you can consider digital to be better, surely.... every time a news reader shakes his head you have to wait for the compression leg for his eyebrows to catch up, 620i down to some 400 now 'soon' to be back upto 720i ... we were downgraded at great expense to suffer great expense to be upgraded a few percent,
    Last edited by flez1966; 10-12-2011 at 12:10.

Thread Information