Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bugs

Asleep Now
    multiple instances

i dont know if this is a bug or not but you can open multiple instances of the program if you keep clicking on the shortcut for it not a massive issue but it would be better if it just fullscreened your application (again not a massive issue when used as a shell etc)
    Last edited by steveb; 10-04-2007 at 14:15.
    [center]
    [url=http://www.skint-av.co.uk][IMG]http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa120/stevebratt/carpics/sig4.png[/IMG][/url][/center]

Thanks for all the feedback, i have passed everything on to our developers. The long loading times are being worked on now.

i got a pretty big bug

on windows xp SP2 it sets my floppy drive off and trys to constantly read it

You have a floppy drive?
    ~Rob - Proving more posts don't mean more knowledge

yeh had 2 plug one in 2 reflash my bios on my pc

crazy little bugger wouldnt stop trying to read lol

yeh another error i get in my vista partition is

when i click GPS i get

Missing or broken application

Asleep Now
    [center]
    [url=http://www.skint-av.co.uk][IMG]http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa120/stevebratt/carpics/sig4.png[/IMG][/url][/center]

Floppy Drives

I will ask them to take a look

Thanks

Not sure this quite comes under bugs but the program is now telling me the trial period has expired and wants a serial number inputting. So to continue testing requires a serial number or maybe a new beta version... or both

Quote Originally Posted by mrluke View Post
    yeh had 2 plug one in 2 reflash my bios on my pc

yeh another error i get in my vista partition is

when i click GPS i get

Missing or broken application
    I get this very same problem on vista, although it did work once or twice early on, but always get this error now

Asleep Now
    i emailed karputer about this lastnight so hopefully he will get back to me / us soon with some sort of solution etc will let you kow if i hear anything
    [center]

Bugs in 1.0.2711.27978

Just been testing out the latest version and have found the following;

Bugs
    GPS mode, entering address when entering "House" the OSK doesn't show numbers.. only letters.
    GPS mode, OSK (and hardware) backspace response seems intermittent.
    GPS mode, lookup address and select "Add to Route" on the next screen the "Back" button overlaps the "Save Route" button
    GPS mode, postcode address lookup takes a long time to search
    Audio mode, music skips intermittently (mp3)
    Audio mode, music doesn't automatically resume at exit point when the program is launched after closing

Suggestions
    GPS mode, map should be wider - Looks odd and limits use in its current form (see screenshot for an idea)
    GPS mode, right side buttons should be removed once route is calculated (replaced by menu button to bring them back)
    Audio mode, view type should be selectable in settings (ie, show by album art etc.. see screenshot 2)
    Audio mode, default when clicking a track in an album folder should be to clear the playlist and replace with that album, click and hold should add to current playlist
    Home screen, change track time display to (Time Elapsed / Track Time)
    Home screen, change track title to (Track Title - Artist) auto scrolling..
    General, Animation/Highlighting on button press (especially home screen) so you know you actually did press it :)
    General, More descriptive icons for home screen - some are quite cryptic!

Thats what I've found so far...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Road colours, eg blue for motorway would be nice

Also currently road numbers are in Blue and motorway numbers in Green, this should be the other way around

I have had quite a lot of crashes too, no obvious reason but seems related to key presses most of the time. it is worse on Vista then XP.

Autozoom option doesn't seem to work

3D view angle is too high. the "camera position" should be lower to the ground, or adjustable

Maps are still not showing all house numbers (I still have no home on these maps)

I have also found some one-way streets where the direction has been changed... is there anyone we can report these changes to?

Direction indicator at righ t of map shows road you are on, distance and direction to next turn but not the name of the road you are about to turn on to so you can easily check the correct street name as you are about to turn onto it.

Time/distance to destination accessible from the "i" button could be permanently displayed

I found a missing postcode for my work address

Music lists are still using ID3 tags rather than folder names, and also it still reads them as case sensitive so Motorhead is different to motorhead for example.

I can not type on the notepad with either OSK nor normal keyboard

autoscaling of screen should be auto by default, I had to edit this in the settings.xml

still not able to change the baud rate in the program, have to change it in the settings.xml (not got a connection to the gps yet but I have enabled the emulator in settings.xml to allow some route planning and testing when not in the car

That's it for now

I chenged the baud rate to 4800 in the settings.xml file and it was locked on as soon as I went to navigation mode. The routing calculation seems pretty good too, so far at least

Loading speed is also pretty good, no long delay, however...

another bug... you can change some navigation options from the "My Route" "Options" dialogue box, however these are the same settings as in the main navi settings screen under the main manu... the problem is when they are ticked in one they are un-ticked in the otehr screen, change in one screen the other changes to show the opposite, so you never really know if the options are on or off.

When the navigation bar is displayed at the bottom of the screen you an't see all teh options in the settings screens, some are hidden behind the nav bar.

More random crashing, but it seems to be related to either pressing buttons too fast (ie several presses quickly) or holding the buttons down too long.

music volume doesn't reduce when voice guidance instructions are given, if you hav ethe music volume at full you can't hear the voice, the volume buttons decrease the music volume but leave the voice volume the same, so there is some control, but then you have to listen to your music at a reduced volume.

navigation of music would still be better done based on folders instead of ID3 tags simple folder navigation should go up or down a folder level and returning to folder navigation should remember the exact position you were at.

It needs to remember the last position you were at (choose a group select an album to play, switch to now playing return to "artists and you are back at the top of the list.

the "now playing" screen should follow the track being played.

I can't even install it. Are there any pre-requisites like .net or something?
    ~Rob - Proving more posts don't mean more knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rob View Post
    I can't even install it. Are there any pre-requisites like .net or something?
    yes, you should have installed .net for the first beta version anyway so it should already be on there. If using Vista you may need to "run as Administrator"

Thread Information