Thread: E35m1-i & m3-atx?

E35m1-i & m3-atx?

Hi all,

I recently purchased an Asus E35M1-I Deluxe with the intention of using it as a Car PC. I wasn't sure what sort of power supply I would need so I searched online and found this being advertised on ebay. That's the exact same board I have and they say they're powering theirs with an M3-ATX. So that's what I purchased to power mine with.

Now that it has arrived I am a little confused though. The board has a 24-pin EATXPWR connector and a seperate 4-pin ATX12V connector for power, but the M3 only has a 20-pin connector. On the mini-box website it also says that the M3 has a 150 watt peak where in the manual for the motherboard they recommend using a 350 watt power supply.

The manual states "For a fully configured system, we recommend you use a power supply unit that complies with ATX 12 V specification 2.0 or later and provides a minimum power of 350 W. DO NOT forget to connect the 4-pin ATX +12V power plug. Otherwise, the system will not boot up."

I found the M4-ATX seems to have what I want. It has a 24-pin and a 4-pin connector, but it has a peak of 300w which is still short of what the is recommended for the board.

Before I go and get an M4 to try I thought I'd see if anyone has some other ideas though. I'm starting to think I may be better off just buying a different motherboard really. I also can't figure out how the computer on ebay is powered by the M3 as it really doesn't seem to connect properly.

It'd be great if I could get some help solving this issue.

Sounds like you will need an adaptor cable between the M3-ATX & the mobo.

Thread Information