Thread: Finally I'm getting fitted... USB FM questions, BlueSoleil Problems, niggles :)

Finally I'm getting fitted... USB FM questions, BlueSoleil Problems, niggles :)

Hey All,

I'm finally getting a new install set up in the van however I'm having a few issues...

I've got CF3.5 installed, over 900 tracks off my iphone synced and playing but im wondering about the next stage...

I have a HQCT unit sitting on my desk but its a lot of faffing... Basically it fits inside my Voom PC case, connected directly on a usb header and I've had to make a custom cable for the audio link... I've not tried it as I'm wondering if there is a better alternative?

My case has 5 USB sockets, 3 rear, 2 (on header - front) although I have noticed certain powered items do not work on the front socket when they are all in use...
    Once it is connected up I will be using a BT Dongle - possibly a wifi dongle (as my internal isnt working) - So in the van it should be ok :)

On the front of the case I have an RCA connection - which uses the audio header that my HQCT needs, and the usb sockets to the front also use the HQCT USB header - so to use the HQCT connection I disable the front of my case completely...

What would you do? - Obviously if I disable the RCA outputs then I wont be able to connect to an amp - unless I use the headphone socket on the MB...
    Site Admin - digital-car.co.uk

I got a couple of Adstech tuners a while ago, to use in a twin tuner setup, but testing showed them to be a poor substitute for the HU.
    I then got an early CB DAB offering. It was never 'installed' as such, living on the passenger seat in a box, but performed far better than expected, on just a 'piece of wire' aerial.
    However the lack of FE support (or any support!) has kept it from being the primary option over the HU. I'm quietly hoping that FI2 will support it eventually.

stealthe

Yh I don't know which way to go. The thing is my board doesnt have a line in and mic input, just the standard headphone out. I'm guessing I can source a standard audio header board and fit that, but it'll disable the RCA connection on the front still. Such a pita. What a chore. I really should have checked this board out before I jumped on it lol
    Site Admin - digital-car.co.uk

Thread Information