Thread: PC wont hibernate

PC wont hibernate

Hi all,

I have a car pc, was running fine for a year or so, but my processor overheated and kicked it.

So i upgraded to an asus F1a75-i and an AMD a8 processor...

all powered by an M2-ATX PSU.

the problem im having is when i select the hibernate function, it hibernates but instantaneously resumes....and i cant figure out why. ive e-mailed asus support, they say check hibernation is on (which it is)

Ive tried swapping out the m2-atx for another one and still the same problem.

Anyone shed any light???

couple of things to try. First disconnect your M2 from the power button pins. I don't know if you still have a power button or not so it might be a bit awkward to turn back on. See if it restarts then, if it does and you do have a power button still then disconnect that and and try again. With nothing connected to the power headers and it still starts itself then it can only be either a board fault or something in the settings that is waking it up. Could even be a scheduled task so try in there. For a bit more fault finding download and install MCE standby tool and turn logging on. That will give you an indication of what is waking the machine. http://www.degroeneknop.nl/forum/ind...e02&board=96.0

thanks for the reply,

I will go and try without the power button connected (logical next step, embarrassed i hadn't tried it tbh)

Where is the list of scheduled task? ive never played with them

Also, am i being blind? i cant seem to find the DL link on the site posted...looks like a useful tool

mehmet

Link to developers site and download page.

stealthe

http://slicksolutions.eu/cgi-bin/dow...mst0.9.102.exe The developers site is a mare to find the latest versions.
    Depends what OS your on but scheduled tasks is either in admin tools as task scheduler in win 7 or control panel in XP.
    I had another thought as well, M2 should be wired with a ground, switched 12v and permenant 12v if you have swapped the two 12v around you will get what your getting just now because the M2 thinks the power has been restored so switches everything back on.

Advanced Member
    is it windows 7?

not been able to 'sleep' my pc for the last 2 years....

it has on some occasions gone into hibernate but a sleep, hibernate or even a 'off' will usually result in it powering down then immediatly 0.5 seconds later back up, but it works fine on xp......

Thread Information