Thread: In-dash screen

In-dash screen

Hello,

I have just bought an 08' Volvo S40 R-Design, and trying to work out how I can get an install in to it. From what I can see I am going to have to use a motorized single DIN touchscreen.

So I was wondering if anybody could recommend and decent motorized touchscreen that I could use? there doesn't seem to be many about!

Thanks
    Guy

I've not had a motorised screen but from what I've heard they are not the most reliable of things.

But then again, taking a screen out of it's bezel and fabricating it into a dash tends to also reduce the reliability of the unit. (I know, I have gone through a few of them.)

For opinions on what ways you can go with a display it's probably best your post some pictures of how your dash looks at present.
    Confusion says: All my post are now on topic.
    Enforcer Forum____________________________________________BMW Carputers Forum

Hello,

I am REALLY stuck for options in this Volvo for locations to put a screen, as I will not have wires showing. The closest I have found is a screen for an XC90, although not definite it will fit my S40?

Has anybody ever got a screen from either company below and what they are like?or if you know anywhere in the UK/US that also do the screens?
    http://www.unicar-m.ru/news-321/CARPC-v-Volvo-XC90/
    http://translate.google.co.uk/transl...gitalcar.ru%2F

Thanks
    Guy

Thread Information