Thread: M2-ATX Polairty of j9/j8

Question M2-ATX Polairty of j9/j8

Hi All,

I had a m2-atx which was returned as the j8/j9 pins were shorted. I was looking to get an Opus PSU but can't seem to find one in the UK.

I've thinking of going back to the m2, but I need some help to make sure pins aren't shorted again.

How do I check which is positive and which is negative, its to power a Epia-sp13000. Would a good multimeter show the difference? what should it be set at to get a reading?

Does anyone have some good advice/experience in working it out?

cheers,

Kit

please elaborate where the j9 pins shorted to the j8 pins
    or where they shorted to themselves?

try this http://www.digital-car.co.uk/wiki/index.php/M2-ATX
    if its broke, fix it......if it ant broke, mod it!
    astra mk4 LS install home theatre/sever pc

Hi Josh,

from what I could tell, the J8 pins (from the psu to the mobo) were shorted, as the mobo would switch on then off, however if I connected the j8 pins to the mobo briefly and then removed them a second later, the mobo would power on and remain on.

Well it doesn't work by shorting pins so by saying that you are adding a bit of confusion. :) The problem is that the sp13000 is a bit fussy and simply needs a newer m2-atx to be compatible. http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/m2-a...x-problem.html

The polarity of jumper8 needs to be one way or the other to work but it will not break it if reversed, so for that specific connector you can try both ways to see which one works. The incorrect way will do nothing at all, so your initial problem was not simply that the polarity was reversed.

Hmm I did try with another board (epia 5000) and got the same result, but thanks for the advice if it doesn't break by switching the polarity around, might just get another one

Quote Originally Posted by ElKeeed View Post
    The polarity of jumper8 needs to be one way or the other to work but it will not break it if reversed, so for that specific connector you can try both ways to see which one works. The incorrect way will do nothing at all, so your initial problem was not simply that the polarity was reversed.
    do us a favour and add something like that too the m2 atx wiki page would you :)
    (this bit where iv put "polaraty sensative????")
    if its broke, fix it......if it ant broke, mod it!
    astra mk4 LS install home theatre/sever pc

Thread Information