Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Maddash Skins and Mods

Tried the Navi info skin on the desk top, I assume I'll need a valid GPS output to see anything.

Should it do this though?

Go back to default and all is well.
    A3 TDi : Athlon 1600XP-M, 512MB, 200GB, Opus 150W, GPS mouse thingy, CarTFT 7" Touchscreen, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth.
    Before you criticise someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

it seems to be a bug with freeice. i checked and mine worked fine, i even installed a fresh copy of freeice just to make sure. after some testing tho it looks like if radio is clicked on and and then went back to media, freeice is not updating the artist field on the top bar. im even getting the same results with the stock skin of freeice. this could be something cdr has fixed in 1.92 but im not sure because i only have version 1.9 of the default skin file to work with. the only advice i have right now is to wait until the next track plays and freeice will update the artist field or click next and freeice will update the artist field. im sorry i couldnt help any more but its a software bug not a skin bug

Quote Originally Posted by Gajjii View Post
    Tried the Navi info skin on the desk top, I assume I'll need a valid GPS output to see anything.

Should it do this though?

Go back to default and all is well.
    This is how it behaves in my setup.

Attachment 2100

Take care this situation only occurs when you have iGO configured as gps=IGo8 in fi.ini

//embedded apps
    gps=IGo8,C:\.....,1

I could be mistaken, but I guess the "full info navi screen" is only configured for navi/gps, not for the applications you might want to embed under another name.

//embedded apps
    kinky=analintruderMKII,C:\.....,1

(Quoting from memory here, so if anyone's interested test the syntax out for yourself.)
    In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Goth".

iGO for PC thread
    iGO FAQ
    iGO PC File Thread
    iGO Skinning Thread

lezandre - I could be mistaken, but I guess the "full info navi screen" is only configured for navi/gps, not for the applications you might want to embed under another name.
    yes that is correct lezandre. if anyone wants i can add it to the embed screen for the other apps to?

Anyhow, great job maddash!
    You might call it just a bit of a skinning job, but that skin has put FI on my monitors.
    In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Goth".

iGO for PC thread
    iGO FAQ
    iGO PC File Thread
    iGO Skinning Thread

Quote Originally Posted by maddash View Post
    This is GREAT news. I had forgotten how nice FreeIce was cause noone was developing for it!

I do have a couple requests, though. Can you make me a copy of the "Spinning Logo main, 8 Album Art view, Navi Info" that has the volume control mapped to "Line Out" instead of the Master Volume?

I have also been trying to use a joystick with FreeIce and can't get the button commands to work. I have the following working:
    NEXT
    PREV
    PLAY
    MUTE
    VOL+
    VOL-

But I can't seem to get the other butons to work. I'd like to get Media, GPS, Weather, Video, Pics, and Radio working via hotkeys.ini but nothing happens. What are the exact commands for HOTKEYS.INI? I checked in the Joypad Control, but it doesn't work for me.

Thanx
    Giz

gizmoq - can you make me a copy of the "Spinning Logo main, 8 Album Art view, Navi Info" that has the volume control mapped to "Line Out" instead of the Master Volume?
    i looked through the skin file and there is nothing i can do on the skin end of things to accomplish this. this is something that cdr would have to add or change in freeice its self, post this request at Freeice.. what would you improve ? and hopefully cdr can add it in for you.

gizmoq - I have also been trying to use a joystick with FreeIce and can't get the button commands to work. I have the following working:
    NEXT
    PREV
    PLAY
    MUTE
    VOL+
    VOL-

But I can't seem to get the other butons to work. I'd like to get Media, GPS, Weather, Video, Pics, and Radio working via hotkeys.ini but nothing happens. What are the exact commands for HOTKEYS.INI? I checked in the Joypad Control, but it doesn't work for me.
    i dont have a controller or joystick to try Joypad Controls. by looking at the Joypad program it appears to be that the command for Media is audio, GPS is gps, Video is video, as for the rest of the commands i dont know what they might be.

has anyone else used the joypad program that comes with freeice and might be able to help answer this question for gizmoq?

new OEM skin add to first post. click on my page to see more pictures

new OEM skin add to first post. click on my page to see more pictures
    Is it just me, or is there a problem with displaying backgrounds in the OEM skin?

sorry about that i forgot to delete the temporary image layer that i had put in while i was creating the skin. i updated the first post with that correction

sorry about that i forgot to delete the temporary image layer that i had put in while i was creating the skin. i updated the first post with that correction
    NP

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention - the background doesn't show on the screensaver, either.

thank you for letting me know of this issue gizmoq. let me know if you come across anymore bugs/issues.
    how do you like the new volume control in the oem skin?

the first post has been updated with the correction
    Last edited by maddash; 20-09-2009 at 02:39.

thank you for letting me know of this issue gizmoq. let me know if you come across anymore bugs/issues.
    how do you like the new volume control in the oem skin?

the first post has been updated with the correction
    I like the OEM. Only played with the volume control a little on my laptop dev machine. I found it a little hard to use for fine (small) changes. Its hard to be exact with the changes. I was never really sure I had engaged it with the touchpad till I drug it halfway across the screen. Won't use it in the cars cause they all have joysticks and I at least have hotkeys for vol+/vol-.

I think most the bugs are out, now time for some requests. Like browse by cover 15 and logo on all the Main pages (i.e., click right side of screen to see albumart, click again for video/vis).

Quote Originally Posted by GizmoQ View Post
    I like the OEM. Only played with the volume control a little on my laptop dev machine. I found it a little hard to use for fine (small) changes. Its hard to be exact with the changes. I was never really sure I had engaged it with the touchpad till I drug it halfway across the screen. Won't use it in the cars cause they all have joysticks and I at least have hotkeys for vol+/vol-.

I think most the bugs are out, now time for some requests. Like browse by cover 15 and logo on all the Main pages (i.e., click right side of screen to see albumart, click again for video/vis).
    my original idea for the volume was suppose to work by clicking and dragging either to the right or left and the further you drag it the faster the volume would change but i could not figure out how to code it.
    so i ended up creating the volume button you have tested. which when clicked dragging to the right or left would just change the volume by a rollover.
    i have now changed it(but have not upload the file yet), when you click volume both volume up and down buttons show up on either side and you can click to adjust volume more accurately. you can then either click on the volume knob again or click outside the volume buttons and the volume buttons disappear.

im in the middle of adding your requests but im not sure what you want when you say
    logo on all the Main pages (i.e., click right side of screen to see albumart, click again for video/vis)
    do you want to be able to see a logo/albumart/vis on all screens or just on the main screen(first screen that freeice normally opens up to)?

Thread Information