PDA

View Full Version : Lilliput distributor UK office

Mad Ad
13-04-2005, 17:12
If this is common knowledge then sorry in advance.

There is a Lilliput distrbutor at a uk office now, which makes me feel a bit more comfortable about any problems I might have with the touchscreen going wonky or sourcing DIN leads etc

I have spoken to them on the phone and have confirmed that they can supply touchscreen replacement membranes (approx price 35 to 40) and replacement 10 pin din to vga/usb cables (price unconfirmed, estimated at 20-25, no stock at this time).

They also do replacement controllers but said lilliput themselves have no stock to send at this time but they are hoping for some more soon.

They do supply to end users however they are also geared up to supply to traders with reasonableish looking volume discounts on multiples of 5, 10 or 50. (ping Chris LinITX- ive got volume prices on their whole range if you want a peek without having to sign up- pm).

Note they are not a Lilliput owned company, so no point asking them to add 640x480 res or for warranty replacements on panels you bought elsewhere, however they do have a complete range of current drivers, and some manuals and help on their site.

Main: http://www.lilliputuk.com
Drivers: http://www.lilliputuk.com/driver.php

Hth

Confused
13-04-2005, 18:22
LinITX did stock Lilliputs, and from what Chris was telling me, the reason they stopped was due to the high volumes of returns on them compared to the GAIN (and now own-branded) screens.

Garry

stevieg
13-04-2005, 21:27
Hmmm, could be useful - not too far from me (OK 50 miles but near enough in the daytime when I';m in Brum city centre)

affie
13-04-2005, 22:40
I found this a while ago, this was the site that had the link to the other website I posted on the forum (that everyone said seemed dodgy).
Didn't bother asking them because it says they only do wholesale, any chance you know how much they charge for a single 7" touchscreen unit?

stevieg
13-04-2005, 23:21
I found this a while ago, this was the site that had the link to the other website I posted on the forum (that everyone said seemed dodgy).
Didn't bother asking them because it says they only do wholesale, any chance you know how much they charge for a single 7" touchscreen unit?

Seriously I really would recommend if you're on a budget getting a LinITX.com screen, I have a lilliput and while it's OK my brother has a LinITX and it's much better. Plus of course, we all know LinITX are actually a decent supplier - who do spare parts for the LinITX screens, chat away on the forums and even better Chris from LinITX gave me a beer at the last car pc show ;)

James
14-04-2005, 00:27
a carpc supplier who supplies free beer? what more can you ask for !

James

stevieg
14-04-2005, 09:42

James

Yes, and when asking Darren if there was anything anyone wanted before he left (meaning from Tescos etc) gets a bunch of orders and fulfils them just a couple of hours later :) I'm definately a happy man!

Mad Ad
14-04-2005, 23:46

For just one, the 619GL-70NP (normal 7" touch that many use) are listed at 154.88 ex vat or 181.98 inc vat.

I was more pleased to find a local source of membranes just incase my touchscreen goes nutty, as Garry said the older units do have their fair share of problems, however I have the newer 10pin lilliput so touch wood itll be ok.

Oh damn it, typing this I just realised what I didnt ask them if they have - empty housings!!

affie
17-04-2005, 20:38
I'm actually thinking about getting a xenarc/gain screen, although I am thinking about getting it from the US. Just have to figure out how to calculate import duty charges, (anyone know how to calculate it :P).

Scouse Monkey
17-04-2005, 21:43

James

A free carPC? :lol:

hehe.

As for importing - be prepared to spend a lot on P&P and then import duties. How much are you getting the screen for may I ask?
I remember paying about 60 import duties on 2 electroinc speedcontrollers for my RC cars.

It may not be worth the effort, risk with warranties (have to send back to the USA) and import duties.

affie
18-04-2005, 02:18
The screen is for $245, p&p is about $33, from the info I found on importing your supposed to ad 8% for import duties and another 17.5% to that total for VAT. The cost for the screen came to about 188. Not sure if thats correct, but that what the info seemed to say, btw the info was from the HM Customs website.

But i'm also looking to get an OPUS and I read that someone contacted OPUS to find out about powering a standard mATX/ATX board, and OPUS said it should work after they did a small modification to it. And since I'm also going to use mATX based system, I was thinking that I would have to have the same thing done, and therefore would have to order from the US anyway, and so might aswell do it at the same time.

If i've completely done the import stuff wrong then let or me, or any other suggestions welcome.

stevieg
18-04-2005, 10:47
The screen is for $245, p&p is about $33, from the info I found on importing your supposed to ad 8% for import duties and another 17.5% to that total for VAT. The cost for the screen came to about 188. Not sure if thats correct, but that what the info seemed to say, btw the info was from the HM Customs website.

But i'm also looking to get an OPUS and I read that someone contacted OPUS to find out about powering a standard mATX/ATX board, and OPUS said it should work after they did a small modification to it. And since I'm also going to use mATX based system, I was thinking that I would have to have the same thing done, and therefore would have to order from the US anyway, and so might aswell do it at the same time.

If i've completely done the import stuff wrong then let or me, or any other suggestions welcome.

for $188 you may as well pay a tenner more and get a LinITX screen, from the UK.

150W Opus will power most mATX/ATX boards without modification. You can get them in the UK too, from LinITX

I'm not sure why you're wasting your time importing like we used to do years ago - it's all available in the UK now at the right prices.