PDA

View Full Version : Random Play

Enak
27-03-2007, 18:30
Random Play is seemingly random, but I tend to find that I hear the same tracks a lot more than others.

I know that winamp used to shuffle the playlist when you used random play and you esentially had a playlist that you could sort by track, title, etc, but with random play on it would go through the list out of order with no possibility of hearing a repeated track unless you used the prev button.

I'm sure it wouldn't be too much work to have playback order seperate to the track listing for the currently playing playlist.

One thing I find very annoying is that if you click prev then next while random play is on you get a completely different track.

veetid
28-03-2007, 01:21
I will look through my logic, but random should not play a song unless the entire playlist has been played...

random is reset when you modify the playlist, so that could cause it possibly...

If you load an album in random, you should be able to hit next multiple times and it should not repeat until it goes through the list one complete time...

david

Enak
28-03-2007, 09:48
That would make sense, can it not be changed so that random play stays with the playlist until it is deleted or all played?

I couldn't say whether I have had tracks repeated when the playlist has been unmodified, but I do skip next/ prev frequently.