PDA

View Full Version : New Release/Update Centrafuse 1.11

veetid
14-03-2007, 22:27
There is an update available for Centrafuse 1.11

Here are the release notes with all the changes and additions.

http://www.digital-car.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=6345

Read the known issues and future features before posting your bugs or requests.

Known Issues:
http://www.digital-car.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=5423

Future Features:
http://www.digital-car.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=5422

Do not post bugs in this thread. Post bugs in the appropriate bugs threads.

Please give feedback on how the updater works for you.

david

James
15-03-2007, 09:52
I take it 1.11 is only available via the updater at present? Will it be made available on the website?

James

veetid
15-03-2007, 16:49
yes it will... You can just download 1.1 from the website and then update it right away after download...

I am working to fix a about 5 more main issues and then plan to release another update, test the updater again, then post the installer for 1.12...

david

James
15-03-2007, 16:56
No net access in the car at present ;)

James

veetid
15-03-2007, 17:28
I also plan to work on posting the updates in your My Account page on the Flux website... They are simply ZIP files and you place them in the UpdateDownloads folder where Centrafuse is installed...

Then with Centrafuse not loaded you run CFUpdateInstaller.exe and it will run the update for you so you don't have to redo all your settings...

This is just not setup yet and I don't just put it on the downloads page because updates will require you to have a serial, so it will be coded into the My Account page...

We are working on this as well...

david

lightwave
19-03-2007, 00:28
Then with Centrafuse not loaded you run CFUpdateInstaller.exe and it will run the update for you so you don't have to redo all your settings...

David,

I guess what you're saying explicitly is that to update from v1.1 to v1.11 you need to have Centrafuse closed and run CFUpdateInstaller from the Centrafuse install directory?

I've done that, and it just immediately says "No updates available". It's so quick I'm not sure it's even checking. It creates an update.txt file which just says:

19/03/2007 00:23:48 UPDATE CHECK No updates found

19/03/2007 00:23:48 UPDATE COMPLETE Update complete

This isn't quite right, is it? Thanks for all your help - I look forward to paying for Centrafuse!

Al,

Enak
19-03-2007, 10:27
Have you placed the update in the updatedownload folder?

lightwave
19-03-2007, 12:47
Thanks for the reply. Have I placed it in the updatedownload folder? There are no files in that folder.

Where do I get the update from to put it in that folder? I thought I'd read all the posts on here about 1.11 but I didn't see anything that said how to get it, so I'm kinda making it up as I go. I'm doing it wrong then, obviously.

Enak
19-03-2007, 12:49
I also plan to work on posting the updates in your My Account page on the Flux website... They are simply ZIP files and you place them in the UpdateDownloads folder where Centrafuse is installed...

This is just not setup yet and I don't just put it on the downloads page because updates will require you to have a serial, so it will be coded into the My Account page...

We are working on this as well...

david

Not working yet...

Enak
19-03-2007, 12:53
I've downloaded the update twice now... It won't install, says there is an error with the updater. Is anyone else having this problem?

Enak
19-03-2007, 16:18
This is the error I'm seeing:

http://www.kaneaston.co.uk/centrafuse/error2869.jpg

James
19-03-2007, 16:25
Looks like a vista associated problem - I seem to remember getting that one....

Enak
19-03-2007, 16:44
Poo.

Gayno
19-03-2007, 18:09
Looks like a vista associated problem - I seem to remember getting that one....

Agreed, I also remember someone, possible Veetid, posting a workaround, but can't remember exactly!

veetid
19-03-2007, 22:38
I have not tried the updater in Vista yet, not sure if it works...

we plan to have a fully supported Vista version with no changes having to be made by the user to install it soon....

david