PDA

View Full Version : Genre, problems

machin05
05-02-2007, 23:46
Hi,

Just want to say how much i've been impressed with CF. Seems like the most stable and friendliest front end I've tried out.
Most of all it's the library database system which I like the most, but this is also where I've come across a problem.

When browsing the music library by genre, for almost every genre listed I have a duplicate genre with a comma at the end of it. E.g.

Acid Jazz
Acid Jazz,
Alternative Rock
Alternative Rock,
etc.

There are different artists listed in each one, ie not duplicated genres.

I've tried rebuilding the library, with no luck. I don't have the problem in iTunes or Media Player with the same mp3's.

Any ideas?

If you need anymore info or screenshots I can willingly provide...

Cheers,
Will

veetid
06-02-2007, 01:04
Hi,

Just want to say how much i've been impressed with CF. Seems like the most stable and friendliest front end I've tried out.
Most of all it's the library database system which I like the most, but this is also where I've come across a problem.

When browsing the music library by genre, for almost every genre listed I have a duplicate genre with a comma at the end of it. E.g.

Acid Jazz
Acid Jazz,
Alternative Rock
Alternative Rock,
etc.

There are different artists listed in each one, ie not duplicated genres.

I've tried rebuilding the library, with no luck. I don't have the problem in iTunes or Media Player with the same mp3's.

Any ideas?

If you need anymore info or screenshots I can willingly provide...

Cheers,
Will

there was a tag reading issue in RC5, it has been fixed and will be working correctly in the upcoming release...

you might have also seen some squares next to album names in the media player, this was fixed also...

david

machin05
06-02-2007, 12:54
Excellent, I'll wait til the next release then