PDA

View Full Version : Audio Fades

Enak
08-12-2006, 23:02
When pausing tracks it would be nice to have a short fade out rather than a sudden cut. Not like the crossfade time, but half a second or so. The same applies for skipping tracks... Using the crossfade time means the next/ previous buttons feel unresponsive.

So could we have seperate preferences for:
Play fade in
Pause fade out
Next/ Previous crossfade
Track End Crossfade.

Pretty please.

Also, is it possible to fade the volume down (rather than just cutting the sound) during GPS instructions. It's a bit sudden and annoying when the playback stops.

And while I'm on that subject can you cut down the voice prompts at all... I would much prefer just to have a notifcation shortly before the turn if this is possible.

veetid
08-12-2006, 23:33
When pausing tracks it would be nice to have a short fade out rather than a sudden cut. Not like the crossfade time, but half a second or so. The same applies for skipping tracks... Using the crossfade time means the next/ previous buttons feel unresponsive.

So could we have seperate preferences for:
Play fade in
Pause fade out
Next/ Previous crossfade
Track End Crossfade.

Pretty please.

Also, is it possible to fade the volume down (rather than just cutting the sound) during GPS instructions. It's a bit sudden and annoying when the playback stops.

And while I'm on that subject can you cut down the voice prompts at all... I would much prefer just to have a notifcation shortly before the turn if this is possible.

changing the notifications is not possible right now, but I will look into the fading instead of instant pausing...

I will consider your other fade options as well, not bad ideas...

david

Enak
11-12-2006, 21:34
I turned the notifications off... and they still play, but with the music still playing (how I wanted it). Is this suppose to happen :smile:

veetid
11-12-2006, 22:32
I turned the notifications off... and they still play, but with the music still playing (how I wanted it). Is this suppose to happen :smile:

If you have no notifications then it won't mute the music...

that on/off should disable all notifications for you, works for me, but deleting them all from the list will do the same...

glad it works like you want :)

david

Enak
11-12-2006, 23:22
Which list? I'm assuming these settings don't require centrafuse restarting.

Also, I noticed 4.4 said something about GPS favourites, cause I can't see how to add them in 4.3. In CoPilot, whenever you enter a destination, it saves it in favourites (although I would prefer a recent folder with option to add to favourites). Also, it has some special destinations such as home, work, etc. This would be really good in centrafuse.

For example, when you click the route button you get the following options:
Home, Work, Favourites, Recent, Address.
Home = Present destination
Work = Present destination
Favourites = List of favourtes (With sub folders e.g. work, family, friends, etc)
Recent = Recent addresses (including addresses selected from favourites)
Address = The usual by postcode, etc.

Also, perhaps after you've entered a new address it should prompt to add to favourites with a dialog to enter a title for the favourite.

And while I'm thinking of CoPilot, any chance you will be able to use synthesised announcements.. It's so useful for the computer to say something like "Just ahead, turn left onto long avenue" or "Take third exit M1, M1 South"

Anyway, gonna go put my headlight back in and install 4.4.

veetid
11-12-2006, 23:46
Which list? I'm assuming these settings don't require centrafuse restarting.

Also, I noticed 4.4 said something about GPS favourites, cause I can't see how to add them in 4.3. In CoPilot, whenever you enter a destination, it saves it in favourites (although I would prefer a recent folder with option to add to favourites). Also, it has some special destinations such as home, work, etc. This would be really good in centrafuse.

For example, when you click the route button you get the following options:
Home, Work, Favourites, Recent, Address.
Home = Present destination
Work = Present destination
Favourites = List of favourtes (With sub folders e.g. work, family, friends, etc)
Recent = Recent addresses (including addresses selected from favourites)
Address = The usual by postcode, etc.

Also, perhaps after you've entered a new address it should prompt to add to favourites with a dialog to enter a title for the favourite.

And while I'm thinking of CoPilot, any chance you will be able to use synthesised announcements.. It's so useful for the computer to say something like "Just ahead, turn left onto long avenue" or "Take third exit M1, M1 South"

Anyway, gonna go put my headlight back in and install 4.4.

Most all this is in Centrafuse... go into the navigation menu, history is what you are calling Recent...

Favorites allows all the functionality you want... Click on favorites, then hit the "+" sign and create a folder, then go into that folder and hit "+" again and you can add current destination, current location, new address, etc...

I don't have home on the menu, not a bad idea...

david