PDA

View Full Version : Space Cadets

James
07-12-2005, 22:06
This thread is for the no doubt numerous funny's resulting from C4's new space fake show...

ccsnet
07-12-2005, 22:12
Is this a show thats going on ( been filmed ) now ? If so how the heck have those taking part not relised after all the adverts ? You cant go any where with out seeing it.

Terran

James
07-12-2005, 22:51
they were isolated before C4 told ANYONE about it - they have been sealed from the world for weeks...
James

ccsnet
07-12-2005, 23:26
they were isolated before C4 told ANYONE about it - they have been sealed from the world for weeks...
JamesAhhhhh - see - I knew that was a dumb question but I had to ask...

Terran

James
08-12-2005, 10:11
wow, i've never seen so many gullable people in one room!!

SWAT-V will be taking a look at that airbase soon ;) (Bentwaters)

James
09-12-2005, 16:06
media center crashed just before last night's landing! Can anyone describe what happened when the chopper landed - till they got into bed? missed that whole chunk :(
James

Enforcer
09-12-2005, 17:12
Can anyone describe what happened when the chopper landed
James

They all lost their heads.

James
09-12-2005, 17:36
correction:

Can anyone (except enforcer) describe what happened when the chopper landed - till they got into bed? missed that whole chunk :sad:

Spaghetti
09-12-2005, 23:24
shit, i missed tonight's :(
Was quite funny seeing them on the plane in yesterday's episode though - all those ****y twats: "I'm gonna be a ******** astronaut!" etc etc :lol
Still think Johnny Vaughan's a **** though....

Gajjii
12-12-2005, 22:47
What a bunch of gullible twats.

They think they're going into space but it wont be weightless, didn't they pay any attention at school. :shock: Or dont they mention gravity any more.

Spaghetti
12-12-2005, 22:55
Apparently they've been duped into believing there's an artificial gravity machine (they must've got some real dunces....)
And also, how does a static simulator simulate the high G's of take-off....???

2Fast
12-12-2005, 23:03
how does a static simulator simulate the high G's of take-off....???
It tips back a little bit :?

Christ they are thick :razz:

rustyboxx
12-12-2005, 23:04
hahaha, a giant moth alien loose in the hangar :rofl: I vote they let 'em see it 'cos they'd probably believe it was an E.T anyway.

Gajjii
12-12-2005, 23:05
It wont, we use g-suits to give g cueing without any hydraulics but it relies on visual imaging to give the impression of movement.

I've been in an airbus c0ckpit sim, they manage a little bit of thrust g.
To belive you have been accelerated to 3500 mph youve got to be a bit dense.

He kept mentioning 3 belivers, did the stooge work it out? I missed that bit.

ccsnet
12-12-2005, 23:17
http://courgette.jml.net/~jon/SpaceCadets/

Cutsy of Steveig...

Terran

Spaghetti
12-12-2005, 23:25
http://courgette.jml.net/~jon/SpaceCadets/ (http://courgette.jml.net/%7Ejon/SpaceCadets/)

Cutsy of Steveig...

Terran

I see....:-?

Percy
13-12-2005, 12:53
Can't remember where I heard it but apparently Channel 4 are doing a double bluff - in that they are fooling us and are actually sending them into space!!

Don't quote me - just something I heard!

Spaghetti
13-12-2005, 13:01
Channel 4 are definitely pulling one on us - the chances of two people on TV looking like that Scottish guy with the big hair is just too coincidental......

With regards to sending them to space for real: NO WAY!!
I just don't believe it - there's no way they could afford it. Most reality show nowadays rely on interaction by the public to help with funding - no way could they even think about being able to afford to send anyone into space!! Plus all the training and shit - remember that gimp out of N-Sync who tried to go? He had the money and trained for months and never left earth!!

James
13-12-2005, 13:52
more likely C4 are faking the fake

James

Confused
13-12-2005, 14:02
I saw this last night for the first time (after getting moaned at by James for not watching it last week)

I wish I'd not bothered!

It truely is a dire, dreadful program. Johnny Vaughan looks like he's struggling for a good script, and the whole thing is just rediculously...crap!

The "mumbling" of that Charlie person "I'll blow the whole thing if you don't give me a quarter of a million, in used, unmarked, non sequential notes, delivered to my agent, Christine Hamilton" was just rediculous, and is so obviously scripted, as the producers would have had to cut his microphone going into the other people's headsets, so it was obvious that it was planned for him to say that (or something very similar, at that exact point in time)

Of course C4 might think that they're scamming us into believing that the show is supposed to be real but the people there are actors and they're actually pretending it's real to make us believe that they think it's real to make us believe that it's really C4 scamming the real people but it's not.

I suppose we'll find out at some stage, but i'm going to treat it as I had before I watched it last night - not giving a crap one way or the other!

James
13-12-2005, 14:07
It's rather strange it started off all big budget and looking impressive, then it reduces to some crappy hollywood sfx guy and a dodgy windows pc to run a few coach airbags (or not as the case was)

James

ccsnet
13-12-2005, 14:10
:WHS: ( As in Confused not James )

TBH its as I said to James - its about Premium Ad space - not decent programing... see my Rant about Relatity programes.

Terran

AJ
18-12-2005, 19:18
I agree with Garry! its utter Poop

Mad Ad
18-12-2005, 21:07
it was stupid but at least it was an original idea and they gave it a go.

Lets hope they weed out what was good and bad and get the next one they are filming better (something do do with a flight to mars, currently in production apparently).

James
19-12-2005, 09:52
surely this isn't a stunt that can be redone - at least not for 10 years or so

James

Enforcer
19-12-2005, 13:21
Lets hope they weed out what was good and bad and get the next one they are filming better (something do do with a flight to mars, currently in production apparently).

Done that.

going to get a twix next time.

2Fast
19-12-2005, 13:46
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b382/AndyA-UK/tumbleweed.gif

Spaghetti
19-12-2005, 18:56
hmmm......twiiiiiiiiixxx.....arrrrrrr