PDA

View Full Version : creating a web site

pSeudo
20-07-2005, 12:41
seeing as most of you have a web site, and i am in the process of creating one, was just wandering where you got your ideas for the design and the programming.

Also, what program do you use to do the picture editing etc?

Cheers in advance

rupees_al
20-07-2005, 13:25
idea's from all over...

editing is usually photoshop and paint shop pro (for resizing and reducing file size etc.)

i've done a few and thats what i always used...

not got one atm but will have when comp gets done

ccsnet
20-07-2005, 13:33
Easy... loads of tutorials out there... one tip - dont use large pictures nor loud colours - bad idea for web sites.

You may want to have a seach on google for 'Free Website Templates' or even buy one.

Terran ( Web extrodanire )

stevieg
21-07-2005, 16:04
Don't do what terran does and use pre-made templates!!! Design your own!! (j/k terran ;) )

I usually think about the kind of look I'm after and design it on paper, then draw it all up in Photoshop. After that rather than use imageready or something I design the page again Dreamweaver using CSS / tables etc whichever is most applicable and then export the various graphic portions.

Any coding I do is usually done in dreamweaver or vi.

Scouse Monkey
21-07-2005, 16:07
You can always a website ripper and steal one you like and then modify it!

But personally I always design my own from scratch.

AJ
21-07-2005, 23:22
Scouse got any examples?

Ryanmt
21-07-2005, 23:40
designing a site is pretty easy, just concentrate on good code and nice looking site, dont get drawn into the javascript crap and huge gifs etc.

ccsnet
22-07-2005, 09:52
Don't do what terran does and use pre-made templates!!! Design your own!! (j/k terran ;) )

I usually think about the kind of look I'm after and design it on paper, then draw it all up in Photoshop. After that rather than use imageready or something I design the page again Dreamweaver using CSS / tables etc whichever is most applicable and then export the various graphic portions.

Any coding I do is usually done in dreamweaver or vi.Hey I was thinkning newbie here.... no like I do that all the time :wink: . That been said they are of use to structure around. The current one I am using on my site does not really look like it did on the template other than some of the buttons and colour schemes... so they do have they place I think.

What it comes do to is how artistic are you ? Very then yes use Abobe and imageready it if not start with a template and build on that.

Either way the coding process is pretty much the same as it awalys was.

Terran