PDA

View Full Version : The EYElectronics Traveller is now here!

EYElectronics
29-04-2004, 14:21
We are proud to annouce the launch of the EYElectronics Traveller. This intelligent Pentium 4 InVehicle PC is your complete entertainment, navigation and office work station all in one package designed for simplicity and ease of use.

http://www.eyelectronics.co.uk/images/car_kit.png *Image for illustration purposes only subject to change without notice.

With our long programme of InVehicle PC research and development we finally have the easiest and most powerful InVehicle PC available on the market. With only 3 wires and the monitor power line to connect in your vehicle, you will be up and running in no time!

Featuring: 7 Inch Touchscreen monitor, Pentium 4 power, 5.1 surround sound, External DVD Re-writer, GPS Naviagtion, Dedicated Easy-use Mobile software, Wireless Trackball keyboard, Automatic Boot-up/Shutdown facility, Anti-crash on cranking, Remote Amplifier line out and much much more. Click HERE (http://www.eyelectronics.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=21_26&products_id=91) for detailed spec.

andyhardy
29-04-2004, 18:51
Nice,

Will you be offering any front-end software to run the main functions of the PC via touchscreen with this kit?

Cheers,

Andy

andyhardy
29-04-2004, 21:55
Whoa - thought your price was cheap, just realised that the total is:

1,432.13 including VAT and delivery.

Still a very good price for that spec!

Andy

Motoko
30-04-2004, 14:21
To much for me, plus I like making my own PCs, cheaper too lol

EYElectronics
30-04-2004, 22:38
Nice,

Will you be offering any front-end software to run the main functions of the PC via touchscreen with this kit?

Cheers,

Andy

Andy,

Thank you for your interest in the EYElectronics Traveller and the feedback!

The software that we offer with this kit is the Open Source program known as MediaEngine installed and ready to run. MediaEngine is a user interface which is installed on our Microsoft Windows based PC in an automobile. It features a media file player based from Winamp and uses an internal Microsoft Access database to organize media within the program. In other words it allows to control and view/listen to your media. Additionally, you can add other applications to be controlled by this simple interface program, however, this is with some limitations though increased support and flexibility is being improved everyday (Updates are available to download from our site).

Other than this, the only additional software we have bundled with this package is the Operating System and the GPS application. Having said this though, all applications can be controlled by Touchscreen. It is just the same principle as clicking on a button or icon except you use your finger or stylses. It is also possible to type on your touchscreen using Window XP's on-screen keyboard.

Best Regards,
EYElectronics

andyhardy
02-05-2004, 18:42
Oh right - got ya ;)

Nice amount of kit for that money - P4 motherboard and CPU are worth a fair amount on their own (unless you know somewhere cheap to get them Motoko? :D )

Cheers,

Andy

Motoko
04-05-2004, 13:26
Hmmm won't it need a lot more power for the P4? But i wouldnt need all that processing power.

Nope Andy i dont, im still looking for a cheap one!

davemark
04-05-2004, 19:42
not bad system :) takes out the hassel for beginners , but i have managed to build my system ( see sig ) for about 500-600

nice kit tho :) im sure people will go for it :)

dave