PDA

View Full Version : cf, camera poi/faves

puk
23-09-2008, 22:38
Helloo, With having searched for this a while i've come across a couple of threads to point me in the right direction but nothing that finishes the topic. I've got camera locations in a .dat type from pocketgpsworld. I have managed to import them into cf but am wondering is there anyway of getting them to all show up on the map? I've read about being able to change the alert for a close favourite also to a different, anyone managed to get them to all show up and chime?

If i can manage this then i'm happy with destinator being my gps solution, i can manage to get from a-b just worried about the blasted cameras!

Cheers!

ccsnet
24-09-2008, 09:43
Helloo, With having searched for this a while i've come across a couple of threads to point me in the right direction but nothing that finishes the topic. I've got camera locations in a .dat type from pocketgpsworld. I have managed to import them into cf but am wondering is there anyway of getting them to all show up on the map? I've read about being able to change the alert for a close favourite also to a different, anyone managed to get them to all show up and chime?

If i can manage this then i'm happy with destinator being my gps solution, i can manage to get from a-b just worried about the blasted cameras!

Cheers!Nope is the answer.... although if you rename the wav file you get an audio warning.... that been said I could not get that working my self.

Terran

puk
24-09-2008, 10:17
Ah crapper. I had destinator 7 maps from my company phone, they work great, my old man subscribes to pocketgpsworld so I'm all uptodate!

Was it no to both efforts, making an image for the position of the favourite as well? It's be so nice to have an all in one package! I don't like overlaying sygic, may I ask you what you'd suggest Terran? Thanks for the reply!

ccsnet
24-09-2008, 10:38
I don't like overlaying sygic, may I ask you what you'd suggest Terran?Dont speed ?

J/k

Not sure.... killed my Bios before I had chance to look in to it.

Terran

puk
24-09-2008, 10:50
in honesty Terran, I learnt my lesson speeding when I was 20, 90 in a 60, fairplay, 44 leaving a 40 with 100yds to a 60mph is a little harsh! I just like the idea of knowing where they are/hide!

ccsnet
24-09-2008, 11:08
in honesty Terran, I learnt my lesson speeding when I was 20, 90 in a 60, fairplay, 44 leaving a 40 with 100yds to a 60mph is a little harsh! I just like the idea of knowing where they are/hide!Agree... thats my argument in it all.... ( PS you seen the news that SPECS are to be used in fixed sites and not just roadworks on the Mway ).

Terran

offog
24-09-2008, 11:22
PS you seen the news that SPECS are to be used in fixed sites and not just roadworks on the Mway.

I thought SPECS had been in fixed site use for quite a while. Or were the Nottingham and Northants installations (2002/3?) just "trials?"

puk
24-09-2008, 11:23
unfortunately so, the motoring groups are up in arms and quite rightly so! We've had specs up for last four months on the m27 at PortsmoutH, rediculous, least the roadworks is over now. Bloody motorist is the easy money making target from our beloved government, it's not even as though the money is going towards maintaining the roads! Grr, don't get me started!

Back to topic briefly, does cf2 do what I'm after? I do own the destinator maps afterall :/

ccsnet
24-09-2008, 11:32
unfortunately so, the motoring groups are up in arms and quite rightly so! We've had specs up for last four months on the m27 at PortsmoutH, rediculous, least the roadworks is over now. Bloody motorist is the easy money making target from our beloved government, it's not even as though the money is going towards maintaining the roads! Grr, don't get me started!

Back to topic briefly, does cf2 do what I'm after? I do own the destinator maps afterall :/Theres an FAQ whcih you have followed but it will not display them as icons on the map.....

Terran

puk
24-09-2008, 11:40
balls, was hoping cf2.0 may have sorted it, ugh. Assumptions make an arse outta me!

ccsnet
24-09-2008, 11:44
balls, was hoping cf2.0 may have sorted it, ugh. Assumptions make an arse outta me!Not yet but David will look at it.

Failing that have a look at the POIwarner plugin.....

Terran

puk
24-09-2008, 12:27
good man, thanks for the pointers, I'll take a look later on when I get home! Am hoping to sew it up with the simple solution of cf. I looked at rr buy seems very busy and lots of configuring to do, perhaps I should think again and give it another shot.

ivan
25-09-2008, 15:32
Are you using CF V2?
I found that having a .bmp file the same name as the .dat file in \UserData\Favourites shows the camera locations on the map.
You will need to go into the Favourites menu and set each one to "Show" them though.

EG. Gatso.dat would have a corresponding Gatso.bmp file. Rename as you see fit.

Chiming is a different ballgame though. Once you set the Alert you get it for all favourites that you have showing. :(

puk
26-09-2008, 13:23
righto, I've given cf2 a bash, really rather liking it, using the trial version and it's still liking my mobile destinator maps ok but for some reason it won't play any videos for me?brings up the boxes showing the first frame to click on but just won't play! Have the right codecs installed, was thinking of taking the plunge and buying it other than this, maybe my system isn't up to it or maybe it's just cos it's the trial version, I dunno :/

puk
01-10-2008, 00:12
Ok, in response to last, i have updated to cf2.0 and love it tbh! lol Its good, my maps work fine, i may even purchase it after the 30 days expire i am that happy with it. I havent had chance to play with making the camera points work, but i shall tomorrow before i head off to Stockholm for a pissup =D

One question, if anyone is reading this thread, when approaching a junction the destinator map flashes between daytime mode and nightime, i imagine this is due to the "turn" approaching, anyway to disable this? Its rather annoying :/ I did manage the avi to work, checked the common questions and realised for some reason my ffdshow wasn't working which i had previously installed, stupid fool, ask before looking, am better than that. I've searched and found nthing in relation to skin swapping on junction approach, maybe its just my pos laptop that does it, is this normal??

Thanks chaps.