PDA

View Full Version : New to Centrafuse

Aero Savant
23-07-2008, 22:31
Hi,
I'm looking to buy CF to install on my new system, it's a macmini running XP on Parallels, BU-353 and a lilly 629 7" touchscreen. The question is, I have the option to buy either the standard version or XLE with nav. I have no idea what the embedded nav (Destinator) is like in the UK, is it reasonable GPS system, are the maps up to scratch? Would I be better to buy either Garmin for PC or Directions Navigator 8? Could I even operate either of these systems with CF. Are the embeddable in the standard version.
I would be grateful for any advise that you guys could offer as I just don't know which way to go.

Thanks in advance.

Colin

Bazmcc
28-07-2008, 15:22
Destinator is excellent even in northern Ireland but my mate has found CF to be buggy as hell.
You could check out the GPS forum and have a look at the different options. Sygic is probably the best I've used.

tinribz
28-07-2008, 18:13
I just installed Sygic as an external app in the demo standard version of CF and it works fine, seems to embed stuff very well.

CdRsKuLL
28-07-2008, 19:46
Last time I heard the only difference between the gps version and the non gps version are.. the gps version comes with the maps. I have heard people using there mobile destinator maps with it no probs... if this makes sense ;-)

Aero Savant
29-07-2008, 16:11
Thanks guys, still not made up my mind finally.
Must say that the trial version of CF is certainly not straightforward.
Hopefully the version on sale is better.

Colin

da_glu
30-07-2008, 01:08
I must admit, I've found the navigation a bit of a pain to configure(i'm using a bluetooth GPS that I was using from an old phone) but now its all running smoothly it has to be one of the better frontends i've used.

Neil