PDA

View Full Version : Couple of Qs about centrafuse

Bazmcc
16-07-2008, 09:58
I have a mate who tried out the centrafuse trail which I was going to do anyway and he outlined a few problems and I was wondering if there was any known issues with them. It's version 1.20 by the way.

1 - the sound of the navigation instructions are very choppy and stutter as if it's running out of memory.
2 - he said that he couldn't select a house number and street name???? He said the navigation route selection was really difficult?

these 2 things would irritate me. I haven't experienced them for myself but I was wondering it anyone else found similar problems?

Flibblebot
16-07-2008, 11:19
Doesn't Centrafuse use Destinator for its navigation? I don't know which version it uses, but any problems would be caused by Destinator, not Centrafuse per se.

Stuttering audio sounds like a processor problem - i.e. it can't keep up with Centrafuse and Destinator together - do you know his system specs?
I haven't used Destinator in a long while, but I don't remember route selection being that difficult, although things may have changed with newer versions.

ElKeeed
16-07-2008, 11:21
1. I don't think it would be memory making it choppy, its more likely lack of cpu. What plugins is he running and what cpu does he have?

2. You can do city, street, number. What's difficult about that?

Bazmcc
16-07-2008, 11:25
I'll find out about the navigation selection thing. He said he kept getting taken to the center of the town he was going to or something.

As far as I can remember it a Via 1 or 1.2Ghz CPU. The system is pretty similar to mine. I think it's 1Gb or RAM.

He was running just centrafuse as it comes out of the box with the music running and that's all. I'll maybe give him a bell and see if he has it running on his car today or if he changed it.

I can call in with him later and maybe check it out.

Bazmcc
16-07-2008, 15:25
just checked with him.

Pretty fresh windows install, Centrafuse 1.20 and the cpu is a via 1.2Ghz with 1Gb of RAM.

The sound was just really stuttering and choppy but the music played fine, muted for thr instructions and played on fine when they were done.

Bazmcc
21-07-2008, 10:09
I had a bit of a play about with this setup at the weekend.

Sound is definitely choppy when the nav instructions are being read and when the volume is being adjusted. I didn't want to mess about with it as it wasn't mine but it's a very fresh windows install and looks like it hasn't had updates or anything else installed in about a year.
Could it be an audio codec thing?

Bazmcc
23-07-2008, 12:28
Was down at my mate Ron's again yesterday. So in summary: sound is choppy on navigation, gps position is always a few yards behind, DVDs don't play and it just shows a black screen, videos are slightly different in that one of the 2 he has on plays the sound only and one plays nothing.

I have to say it's putting me off getting centrafuse now.

kennyken
23-07-2008, 13:58
With regards to choppy audio, I run D7 on my M10k and when im actually looking at the map i get really choppy directions, but when im back on freeice and destinator is running in the background the directions are perfect. this lead me to believe that its the map updating which is hogging the CPU.

D3 was fine so its got to be the new graphics in their maps that is killing us.

Bazmcc
23-07-2008, 14:05
I couldn't really tell what version it was. Is centrafuse 1.20 using D3, D6 or D7?

kennyken
23-07-2008, 14:07
I think that will be D6, but D6 and D7 look very similar to me.